Friday, July 13, 2012

My Big Man Turns FIVE!!!

Can you believe it's already been FIVE YEARS since the day my Jackson was born?!  I certainly can't!  Oh the adventures we've had since then- I don't think I've ever laughed as much as I have since Jack started talking... I am quite certain that he is the funniest kid ever!  I can't even begin to express the emotions that my sweet little man's birthday brought- especially this year- but if you are a mom, I am sure you have a good idea!

To celebrate Jack's birthday this year we had planned another Disney trip, but we weren't able to to that until the next week so instead Dave and I surprised Jack and Sam with a trip to the Discovery Cube!  We knew that Jack would love the exhibits and the science and all the fun stuff to do there, but really the reason we wanted to take him there for his birthday was because they were having a special Star Wars Exhibit- and my Jackson was obsessed with Star Wars, thanks to his Uncle Travis playing Star Wars Lego games with him on his PS2.  When we got close and Jack saw the sign about the Star Wars exhibit, he immediately knew that that had to be his surprise and he was sooooo excited about it!  There were a ton of people there so we had to park far away and walk, so the suspense was tough for a 5 year old and a 2 year old.  They handled it like troopers, though, and their excitement never waivered!

We had to wait our turn to go into the Star Wars exhibit, so while we were waiting we had a lot of fun checking out the other exhibits there- science is fun!
 
 
 
 
 

Finally it was time for the main event: the Star Wars exhibit!!!  The boys were so excited, and I was too!  The boys had a great time looking at each display, and both of them really enjoyed putting the cone to their ears to hear the "story" behind each display.  It was pretty cute.  
 
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug  
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 

The coolest part, I thought, was the hovercraft!  When we saw it I thought it was just awesome, and I wanted to drive it!  Jack saw it too, and he really really really wanted to drive it.  It was perfect timing, too, because when we got in line he saw the sign and he said very excitedly "Mom, it says you have to be 5 to drive it and guess what?!  I am five TODAY!!!!"  Yep, perfect timing!  

I got a couple pictures and Dave managed to get a short video with his phone... so, here is my baby driving a HOVERCRAFT!!!!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug  

After we were done with the Star Wars Exhibit we headed back to our area to meet our family at Jack's dinner choice- "The curly mac 'n cheese resternaut" (California Pizza Kitchen).  We had a fun meal and Jack's even came with an ice cream sundae!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 
 
  

And then, per tradition, we headed to my mom's for presents and more cake and ice cream (that none of us actually ate since we were stuffed from dinner, but still, we had to sing and blow out candles, right?)!
  
 

A couple months before Jack's birthday he had been randomly exclaiming "I can't believe I'm going to be five soon!"  Ever since his birthday he has been exclaiming "I can't believe I am five already!"  I may be expressing my disbelief a little too often in his hearing, but it's true- I can't believe my baby is FIVE!!!!  ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment