Monday, July 2, 2012

Baby's First DISNEYLAND Trip!!!

On February 18th our sweet Sammy Wams turned TWO!!!  I will go ahead and skip over all of the emotional waaah-I-can't-believe-my-baby-is-two-already stuff and jump right into what we did to celebrate... we took the boys (and my mom!) to Disneyland!  Jack had been there four times, but hadn't been in about three years so he didn't remember it at hardly at all... they both knew all about Disneyland though, so they were incredibly excited when we told them where we were going!

Jack was so funny- he insisted on wearing his ears backwards because he wanted his name in the front.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We tried to get the traditional In Front Of the Castle shot, but Sam wasn't having it, so after a couple attempts to get the boys in it together Dave and I hopped in for a family shot (from my mom's camera).
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Our first stop: Fantasyland!
 Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Sam did great on the little fairy tale rides-in-the-dark in Fantasyland- he never cried and every time we asked, he'd say that he liked the rides, but when we asked if he wanted to do them again he'd say no!  I think he may have been slightly overwhelmed by them because by the time we were on our last of those rides he was saying "Don't wanna be at Disneyland anymore, momma!"  When mom snapped these pictures of Sam's face, we figured it was time to hit up Dumbo- I knew he'd like that one!
 Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 

No sooner had Dumbo stopped his flight did my boys spy Casey Junior.  I am sure that you can imagine the spasms of excitement as they begged to ride the train next!
 

After that we spent the next 75 minutes in line for Nemo... we entertained ourselves by studying the map (or, as I like to call it, doing their impressions of grandpa) and generally just being adorable.
 
 
 

After Nemo, we decided that it was time to get Sam his very own Mickey hat (even though we knew he wouldn't wear it)- and while we were waiting for his name to be embroidered we had a lot of fun trying on the different hats!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 

After we got hats we noticed that the streets were lined with people just sitting there, and we knew that the parade was about to begin!  So of course, we had to stop and watch!  My boys sure do love a good parade, and they have been singing the "Music Celebration" song from the parade ever since!
 

While we were waiting for the parade to start we sent Dave over to get a fast pass for Autopia, so that's where we headed as soon as the parade was over!  Jack was thrilled that he was able to drive the car- Dave said he actually did a pretty good job!

After autopia, we decided that we needed to head up to Toon Town so that the boys could meet Mickey Mouse and see where he lives.  They had so much fun there!  I am pretty sure that Jack's favorite part was opening the boxes and hearing the train sound, and I know that Sam's favorite part was meeting Mickey Mouse because whenever anyone asked about Disneyland after that he would say "I saw Mickey House (that's Sam's name for Mickey Mouse) and I give him high five!"
 
 
 
 

Luckily my mom had her camera when we went to see Mickey... I was having too much fun to remember to take pictures- apparently I am getting a little too good at just being present and not obsessing over taking pictures!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 

We decided to head over to Pirates of the Caribbean before heading home, and Sam fell asleep on the way there- would you believe he slept through the ride!  He woke up for a second when he heard me tell Jack that there was a drop like the Log Ride (at Knott's Berry Farm) and he sleepily yelled "No!" and grabbed me tight around the neck before promptly falling right back to sleep.  He didn't flinch during the drop or the cannon fire, and he didn't wake up until we made our way to the front gates to ride the Disneyland train all the way around the park before heading home.
 

When we got to the car we got the boys in their jammies so that they could fall asleep on the ride home- and as I pulled out my video camera to record our tradition of "What was your favorite part?" it was pretty obvious that Sam was energized from his short nap and Jack was about to crash!  We had such a fun day!!!

I can't believe my sweet baby boy is TWO!!!!  Seems like just yesterday he was born!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

 

No comments:

Post a Comment