Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Macs Don't Suck, But They're Not Fun, Either

So, I actually had my Christmas pictures ready two weeks ago... but my computer caught a virus and so I couldn't do anything that first week. A friend (thank you Brian Crowley!) wiped my system for me (which was long overdue in the first place!) and I spent the next week trying to get all my programs back in order. Then, when all that was finally accomplished and I was finally ready to work on my Christmas post, an adorable little two-and-a-half year old accidently bumped my computer, sending it crashing to the floor and irreparably cracking the screen. Thanks, Jack! Though, in his defense it was my fault in the first place for leaving it in it's usual spot... balancing on the arm of the couch! Luckily, it was only the screen that was damaged and Dave says that he thinks he may be able to replace it himself, and replacement screens are apparently only around $100 (but does that number sound too good to be true to anyone else? Hmmm...). In the meantime, my dear, sweet and loving husband has taken pity on me and left his computer home for me to use! I'm so thankful that I'm going to try really hard not to complain about being forced to use a Mac (why is it so freaking hard to type on Macbooks? And don't get me started on the mousepad! It is way too freaking sensitive, and it's so big its not like it's easy to avoid... oh wait, I said I was going to try not to complain...). Thanks, honey!!! I may not be a fan of Macs, but I'm grateful to be able to use anything at all!!!

I do have enough photos uploaded and ready to go for three, maybe four posts (yes, including Christmas!). I'm really really hoping that my computer gets fixed in an extremely rapid fashion so that I can get completely caught up before This One is born! I mean, if it took me this long to get my Christmas pictures up (okay, I know they're not technically up yet, but they should be by the end of Jack's naptime mandatory-rest-with-frequent-interruptions-of-"I-have-to-go-poopies!"-rather-than-actually-resting), then imagine how behind I will get once I have a newborn! Yikes, I'm going to have a newborn! Moment to freak out, please...

...

...okay, moment over. Denial has settled back in.


1 comment:

  1. Macs aren't THAT bad :) If the mousepad is too sensitive you can adjust that on the settings screen. :) If you use it longer you'll get used to is :) I LOVE mine now :) Hope yours gets fixed soon though!!!

    ReplyDelete