Sunday, April 26, 2009

I Heart Faces, Week 16- Reflection

This week I actually had pictures that fit the theme of this week's contest over at I Heart Faces, so I was able to join in! One of these days, I'll remember to look up the theme before hand and actually try to purposefully capture a moment with the theme in mind, but for now, I'll have to settle for looking through my archives. The theme this week is Reflection... we are supposed to creatively capture a reflection of a face!

Here is my entry into the 'Kid' category. Of course, it's of Jack Jack!


This was taken on a rainy day back in February. He had a lot of fun playing in the rain, but I think his favorite part was splashing in the puddle that had gathered on our patio table.

And my entry in the 'Adult' category is a picture of me and my brother!


I got the idea for this picture when Jack looked in Uncle Travis' sunglasses and said "I see Jack Jack!" I thought it was pretty funny and snapped a photo so that later I would remember to write that down. (Oh, and if you're curious, yes that is a reflection of the airport, specifically the helicopter 'playground' behind me... I took this when we were visiting the B-17 a few weeks ago.)


I'm having a lot of fun looking at everyone's entries each week and it's always fun to see the creative ideas people come up with! I probably won't ever win any of these contests, but I'm totally okay with that, as I am enjoying the challenge and the inspiration that I'm finding over there. Click on the button below to see the other entries over at I Heart Faces, and get ready to be inspired!




18 comments:

  1. the reflection in the sunglasses is a stunning idea. your pictures are fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunglasses shot is FANTASTIC - I think that one could be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun week isn't it?!
    Love your shots!!

    ~TidyMom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sweet! I love your entries. Very cool color manipulation! And your baby...well, he is the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both shots are really great! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Amazing! I love both images! The adult image is my favorite so far! It is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Very cool! Jack is adorable & I really like how your did your brother in B & W & your reflection in color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. The first one is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute - I especially love the first one - his little raincoat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the yellow rain slicker. Cute shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cool shots!! I am so amazed at all the creative reflections people came up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME I love both entries so much

    ReplyDelete
  13. The raincoat is the perfect splash of color. Love the cloudy look...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are great but the second one just pops! I think its your brother and the way you processed that part of the photo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your son is adorable. Really great reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your kids entry. He look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete