Friday, May 6, 2011

BMX-citing!

Near the end of March my mom's school had a BMX assembly and she invited us to come watch!  Jack was excited when I told him about it, but he didn't really understand why it was special until we got there and I showed him the ramps and told him how they were going to ride their bikes and go flying in the air doing "cool tricks".  Once he saw the setup, he was really excited!  So we pulled up Sam and Luke's strollers and set up Jack's chair and waited for the show to start!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And when the tricks started, Jack was pretty impressed!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And then they started jumping!!!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And Jack loved that!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Imagine his amazement, then, when they started jumping over people!!!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Sam was not that impressed.  Although, he's not as familiar with the law of gravity as Jack is, and it probably hasn't yet occurred to him that it is something special when people can fly.

The first thing Jack said when it was over?  "Maybe when we get home I can ride my bike!"  He was pretty disappointed when I reminded him that his bike was "broken" (actually, he has been too big for it for a while- he's too heavy for the wheels to turn).  But then he said "I know!  I will put a new bike on my birthday list and then maybe I can get a new bike for my birthday!"  I told him that it was a great idea!  Dave and I had already planned on buying him a bike for his birthday, but I was a little worried that he wouldn't be as excited about a new bike as he would be about, say, a new train.  It was great to hear him ask for a new bike, and especially with such enthusiasm!  From that day on he talked about the new bike that he was hoping to get at least twice a day- definitely helped to ease my worries!   Yay for well-timed BMX assemblies!


1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to see his excitement. Glad you guys came.
    love,
    grandma

    ReplyDelete