Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mommy Of Two

This year was my first Mothers' Day as a mommy of two! Dave had to work so we didn't get to celebrate and I was on full mommy-duty. Luckily, though, I was able to take the boys to my parents house and celebrate Mothers' Day with my mommy! And as I was leaving the house I found a beautiful basket of flowers on the porch. I'm pretty sure that it was the prettiest arrangement I've ever been given, and I thought it was very sweet that Dave had them delivered since he couldn't be there to help the boys give them to me himself.

Jack was very excited to go celebrate Mothers' Day with grandma. In fact, he was so excited that I don't think it even occurred to him that it was MY Mothers' Day, too, as evidenced by the conversation we had when I went to get him up that morning...

Me: Good morning, Jack Jack! Did you sleep well?
Jack: Yes, I sleep so good last night! Good morning, momma!
Me: Oh that makes me so happy! Did you remember that today is Mothers' Day?
Jack: Yes, but I don't see grandma to tell her [Happy Mothers' Day].
Me: Well, we'll see grandma later. You can tell ME Happy Mothers' Day!
Jack: Happy Mothers' Day, momma. When do we see grandma?
Me: We'll see her later. Did you get me a present for Mothers' Day?
Jack: No, only grandma gets a present.

Thanks, Jack. Don't worry, I know you love me ;)

As you can see, Jack was very excited about grandma's Mothers' Day gift: a Tinkerbell snowglobe (grandma loves Tinkerbell)


I got an adorable picture of Sam's smile...


...and a bunch of other faces he makes, too


And the first photo (that is in focus) of me with both of my boys (yes, I know I look awful... this was following a rough night with Sam- I guess he wanted to make sure that I earned my Mothers' Day)!


And of course we had to get a picture of my sister with Luke on her first Mothers' Day!

1 comment: