Sunday, May 23, 2010

CDO And OCD

Jack is so OCD, it's kinda scary. I'm not sure if I should be concerned, or if it's just further proof that kids tend to do really well with schedules and routines so that they aren't caught off-guard by what happens next. When we do something new (like, going to a park we hadn't been to before), then the next time we do it we have to do it the same way we did it before ("First we go down the slide, and then we do the teeter-totter!"). If something out-of-the-norm happens while we are doing our bedtime routine (like, if I sneeze), then the next night he expects that this will also be a part of our bedtime routine this night ("You have to sneeze and I say 'God bless you, momma!'"). If we ate lunch at Target the last time, he tells me that we need to eat lunch there the next time we go. He's so OCD, that it's actually made me rethink a few of my OCD tendencies, just to prove that it's not a big deal. And since my OCD is more like CDO (it's actually the same thing but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!), I might be posting out of chronological order sometime soon. Don't get your hopes up, I haven't convinced myself yet, but I thought I should give you fair warning just in case you're as OCD as us- I don't want to shock your system!

Whenever there is a big gap in between my posts you can be sure that my OCD is what is holding me back from posting. Usually the next thing on the calendar is either something that I'm not quite sure how to blog, or photos that I hadn't quite decided how to edit. Generally I have a whole bunch of photos and posts waiting in the wings for me to get my act together and just get the post up, dangit! Sometimes the fact that I have 2 kids and can't resist giving in when I hear "Momma, come play with me!" is why I haven't posted in a while. Sometimes, but not usually- that's what bedtime is for, right? Anyway, OCD is the reason for this break, and in interest of just getting me over the hump of the next post, here are some photos that I am still not quite sure about, but just want to get out of the way so that I can post some that I am sure about.

I use italics way too much.

Anyway, in this post I mentioned that we were ridiculously sick. Yes, we're all better now... Dave and Jack took 10 days to get over it, I took 5, and the baby never ended up getting it (yay breastmilk!). These photos were taking the morning of the Monday that Jack went to bed with a fever- the first sign of that illness. Jack, Sam and I had met Ang, Austin and McKenna at the park for a playdate... our first park day with 4 kids between us! We did a great job tag-teaming the kids between the two of us, which was helped out by the fact that McKenna slept the whole time and Auntie Susan also stopped by, and the boys had a great time!

Jack was thrilled to get to play with his Sam's new sand toys. (He's lucky that Sam is a good sharer!)


Austin showed off his technique for going down the slides


A technique that also seemed to work great on the bridge!


Jack showed off his newly-acquired skills of coordination (or at least, enough coordination to climb this ladder without totally freaking us both out! Poor kid is such a klutz!)


And displayed a more traditional sliding technique


And on the way home he decided to go play in the dry creek-bed


Oh yeah, and thanks to Ang I have a picture of Sam, too!

(this is an optical illusion, by the way... he does have a big head, but it's not as big as it looks here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment