Friday, October 15, 2010

Vegas, Baby! Yeah!

As soon as VBS was over, Jack, Sam, my dad and I hopped into my parents' van and hit the road!  One of my pregnant cousins was having a baby shower and I was so excited to go!  I was thrilled for my cousin (okay, technically her husband is my cousin so I should really say cousin-in-law, but whatever), and I was so glad that I was able to join them for the celebration!  Also, Jack had never been to Las Vegas (I mean, never outside of my womb, as I had gone twice when I was pregnant with him) and I was so excited to show him some of the fun sites!

The boys were so good for the drive out there, and I was really proud of them!  Jack had a lot of fun watching out for trains, and my dad made a game out of passing big trucks... we pretended they were locomotives and Jack would always shout "Grandpa, we have to pass that locomotive!"  We got to Vegas, dropped our stuff off at Grammy's timeshare (thanks so much for letting us use it, Grammy!), and then threw the boys in the stroller so that we could go grab some dinner! 

After dinner it was late, so we headed back to the hotel so that we could get the boys to bed.  After breakfast the next morning, we hit the pool!  We would have gone exploring on the strip, but my mom was going to be flying in that afternoon (unfortunately she had already made plans to fly with my aunt before she realized that I would be going, too) and we didn't want her to miss Jack's first time experiencing the strip!  So the pool it was... and we had a blast!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Don't you just love how he sleeps with his ankles crossed?  Soooo stinkin' cute!!!

After swimming we ate lunch and then headed to the airport to pick up my mom and my Aunt Teresa.  Then we drove to my Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Mark's house (the grandparents of the baby we were celebrating!) to have dinner!  Rhonda and Mark have 4 (actually, the new baby made 5!) grandsons, and therefore they were very prepared for Jack and his train obsession!  Jack had a blast playing with the trains and track that they had!  (Oh yeah, and I forgot to take pictures.  Oops!).  After dinner we went back to the hotel to put the boys to bed, and then the next day we got to show Jack the strip!

Our first stop, the Harley Davidson store!  It just happened to be on the corner where we were staying and the first thing we walked by.  Jack thought the "giant motorcycle breaking the wall" of the store was so cool, and he was very anxious to sit on the motorcycles in the front!  He was very disappointed, though, that he couldn't actually ride the motorcycles.  After posing for pictures he said "Okay mom, now make it go! I'm ready to go!"  You can see his frustration on his face in some of these pictures!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And then we went to the M&M store!  I was really excited to show this to Jack.  He loves M&Ms, and he was really excited to see all the M&M themed goodies... especially the giant M&Ms!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And then to the MGM to see the lions!  (By the way, yes, I was really that close... this was my 35mm lens and I didn't crop these at all!)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We walked over so many of those sky-bridge-walkway thingies, and Jack had a blast on every single one!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We didn't tell him at the time, but we were heading to something that we knew he would be so excited about... the tram!  As soon as he saw the monorail he started freaking out with excitement, just like I knew he would!  Imagine how thrilled he was when I told him that he could ride it... FOUR TIMES!  He thought it was really cool to watch the tram approach through the glass, but that was nothing compared with riding it!

We slowly made our way back to the hotel so that we could get ready for the baby shower in time.  On our way back we just happened to walk by the New York in time to watch the fire boats shooting their water... Jack thought that was really cool, too, and grandpa was so excited that he got to see that!

Now, if any of you know me at all, you know that I do not handle heat well.  At all.  And it was hot.  And I had a baby strapped to me.  But oddly enough, I was fine!  I was so glad because we had so much fun!

And then it was baby shower time!
The parents-to-be, Tara and Jeremy

Sam hung out with grandma...

... and Jack and grandpa played in the backyard.  According to Jack "we're on a safari!"

We had so much fun at the shower!  When we got back to the hotel I put Sam to bed and my parents took Jack to see the water show at the Bellagio!  That was one of the things that I really wanted to show him and I was so happy that he was able to see it!  When he got back he was so excited about it and he said "Um, mom, actually the water was dancing!  We saw it four times!"  Apparently the water show ran every 15 minutes and so they watched it for an hour!  So fun!

The next morning my dad dropped my mom off at the airport while the boys and I were still asleep, and once we woke up we all took our time getting dressed and ready to go.  Although we were bummed that our trip was at an end, my dad and I were really excited for the ride home... we were planning on surprising Jack by eating lunch at the McDonald's Train Station in Barstow!  I knew exactly what Jack's reaction to that would be, and as you can see, I wasn't disappointed!

He played with his trains while he ate IN a train car... he was in heaven!

Before getting back in the car we paid our respects to the clown, and walked all the way around the "station" and let Jack soak in all the train-ness!

We had such a fun time!  And, thanks to my trusty iPod, it was nice and quiet for the rest of the ride home!

No comments:

Post a Comment