Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bees Are Buzzing In The Hiiiiiive

That's just one of the lyrics in just one of the songs that has been haunting me ever since the first week of August, when Jack attended Vacation Bible School (VBS) for the very first time.  The theme this year was about bees: buzzing and working together towards a common goal.  And for the purposes of VBS, that goal was doing the Lord's work.  Each of the kids were given a CD of all the songs so that they could learn them, and from the moment I put the CD in the car that was all that Jack wanted to listen to (and that remained true for almost 2 months)!!!

But I digress...

Every year my mom's church does a week of VBS.  I attended when I was a kid, and this was the first year that Jack was (almost) old enough to attend!  I was so excited that he was going to get to go, and he had Sadie, Allie, Kirra and Melanie in his class, too!  The first day went okay.  He did not want me to leave him (I was not surprised by that at all), and apparently was pouting the whole day and not wanting to stay with the group.  The next day was worse, and so the last three days I (and Sam) ended up going and following him around in the class just so that he would participate and be able to get something out of it... he just needed his security blanket (in the form of his mommy).

 Music time in the churchPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Craft time
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Snack time
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Some water after Game time

This little girl followed Jack around a lot... I think she liked him ;) 

Story time.  Jack had a really hard time holding still.

Visiting grandma at work after VBS was over

No comments:

Post a Comment