Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vacation Again, Part 4: Day Three

Dave and I were anxious to try out our new wakeboard, so we got down to the lake a little earlier the next day and hopped on the boat!

Now, the last time that I went wakeboarding was 4 years, 2 kids, and whoknowshowmany pounds ago... I was thrilled when I was able to get up the on the first try, but I quickly realized just how much of a difference time makes!!!  Certainly wasn't as easy as it used to be, but I had a great time!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then, it was Dave's turn!  He did great and I was so excited that he had a great time!  He had only been wakeboarding once before, and wasn't really able to get up.  He definitely was more successful this time!  

I love the look of intense concentration on his face, as well as the trying-not-to-smile smile he has once he realized that he was up and doing great!

When we were done we headed back to our cove and Jack, my mom and I jumped in to swim!  When it was time to go back to shore so that I could feed Sam, Jack didn't want to get back in the boat, and rather than make a big deal out of it, he and my mom swam the whole way back to our beach camp!  It was a long way for a 3 year old, and I was impressed that he did it!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

When we got back to the beach it was time for lunch!  While Jack was eating I noticed that he was being a little silly, 'driving' his sandwich around and making noises like a car or a motorcycle... when I asked him what he was doing he said "Mom, this is not my sandwich, it's my jet-ski!"

And of course, that meant that after lunch he wanted to go for a ride on grandma's jet-ski again!

They were gone for so long!  While he and grandma were gone, Sammy had a great time playing on the shore with daddy and me!

When Jack and grandma got back from riding the jet-ski, jack came up to me and said "Mom, I have something to tell you!  We named the island [that they had been making lap after lap around]  We named it Locomotive!"  You can take the kid away from his trains, but you can't take the trains away from the kid!  Or, is it the other way around...?

1 comment: