Thursday, August 26, 2010

God Bless America

I was really looking forward to the Fourth of July this year for a few reasons... it was Sam's first Fourth, Dave had the day off believe it or not, and we had a super fun place to gather to watch the fireworks!!!

But before I could do anything, I just had to get a picture of Sam in the same shirt that Jack wore on his first Fourth! Jack was 2.5 months on 7-4-07, Sam was 4.5 months on 7-4-10... and as you can see the shirt was much bigger on my little peanut Sam, even though he was 2 months older!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The Fourth of July just happened to fall on a Sunday this year, so we didn't have a lot of time in between church (we meet at 5:30pm) and the start of fireworks to eat dinner. So, McDonald's it was! After church we popped through the drive-thru and headed over to meet our friends at a super-secret rendezvous point to eat it as we awaited the start of the fireworks!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It was cold, so we had to bundle up!



To occupy the kids while we waited for the fireworks, I brought along Jack's Stomp Rockets! I put my dad in charge so that I could take pictures... the kids had such a fun time!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And then we sat back in awe as the fireworks started! Of course the kids loved that, too!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



I taught Jack "God Bless America" but he refused to sing it when I pulled out my video camera. Typical three-year-old! After the fireworks, we headed home. On the way home we went over a railroad crossing... the next day Jack talked about that more than the fireworks! Have I ever mentioned that he's obsessed with trains? Yes? Good. Cause he really is obsessed with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment