Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fathers' Day Boat Show

Dave never wants to do anything on days that are supposed to be all about him (which really drives me crazy!), so when he expressed a desire to go to the boat show on Fathers' Day, I readily agreed! He had been wanting a boat for years now, and considering all he's been through over the last year and a half, I agreed that now was the time.

First, though, we stopped by my parents' church to have breakfast with my parents and give my dad his gift. Last year my dad only had one grandson to celebrate (grand)Fathers' Day... this year, there are three!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We also took that opportunity to get a photo of the four of us together! These are so rare, since Dave is allergic to the camera and I am usually the one behind it!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We had fun at the boat show! Jack loved getting to climb on the boats and pretending to drive them. His favorite part, though was searching the boats for storage areas. He would get so excited each time he found another door to open and declare "Oh look, another compartment!" We knew that we weren't going to buy a brand new boat, but we did leave the boat show with a lot more information about what to look for in a used boat, a few leads on where to start looking, and an increased sense of anticipation for the day when we would finally get to take our future boat out on the lake!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

1 comment: