Monday, April 12, 2010

Back To Our New 'Normal'

Before Sam was born, Dave was working as much as he could so that he could take off as much time as he could after Sam was born. When Jack was born he had to go back to work after 10 days off and, remembering how difficult Jack was as an infant, he wanted to make sure that he could help me out as much as possible just in case Sam was anywhere near as difficult as Jack was. Dave works 24 hour shifts, and neither of us were anxious for his first shift away, as that meant I would be on my own for the duration of his shift- I was especially anxious for my first night alone with two kids! And so I was very excited when Dave told me that he would be able to take an entire month off!

Jack and I got so used to having him home... he let me take a nap every day, and he took care of meals and Jack's baths (as I wasn't supposed to lift my 40 lb kid in and out of the tub)! Finally, though, the day came that Dave had to go back to work. When he pulled out his turnouts and other equipment to get it ready for his first day back, the boys and I decided to play with them a bit first!







We had done the same thing right before Dave went back to work after Jack was born. Unfortunately Jack only cooperated long enough for one photo back then


2 comments: