Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Shower, A Carnival, Wii, and A Fat Lip

Usually the only time I get a shower is during Jack's naptime or after he goes to bed. Occasionally I try to jump in as soon as Dave gets home from work in the morning, since Jack is so happy to see him that he doesn't miss me for a few minutes. It's pretty impossible for me to get a shower when Jack is awake and it's just me and him. But on Friday night I decided that my shower could wait until Dave got home in the morning, because I needed to edit some pictures that I took of Austin. I mean, this kid is way too cute for me to not to give his pics my immediate attention... how could I let those pictures sit while I showered?! The shower could wait, right?!

Photobucket


Yeah, I thought it was a good plan, too. Too bad no one told the city of Anaheim! Apparently Dave had some pretty heavy training at work on Friday followed by a busy night of people calling 9-1-1 for no good reason, so when he came home Saturday morning he pretty much fell in bed and fell asleep right away! Poor guy works so hard! Anyway, I had to take a shower since Jack and I had Karina's 5th Birthday Carnival at 1:00, so I kept waiting for Dave to wake up... finally at 12:00 I decided that not only was he not waking up, but if I didn't get in the shower right then we would be really late to the party. I hate being late (or later than can be blamed on being a mom of a toddler). So I was faced with the challenge of figuring out how in the world I was going to take a shower while Jack was awake. You know, something other than waking up my poor husband or torturing my son by locking him in his room. Hmmm... he's old enough now, maybe I can just tell him to play in his room while mommy takes a shower? I mean, he's a good kid, maybe he'll be content to wait for me! Ah, who am I kidding?! I know exactly what is going to happen. I'll get in the shower, and he'll try to get to me and pull down the shower curtain. Great! Well, at least if I take a shower in his bathroom, rather than the master bathroom, then when the curtain rod falls it won't take the drywall with it! Plus, then I can close the hallway door so he won't be able to get into mischief, right? And, if anything does happen I can just say it was because I was trying to be a good supportive wife and let Dave sleep. Right, I'm going for it...

Me: Okay Jack, momma's going to take a shower
Jack: Momma take shower?
Me: Yes, I'm going to take a shower. You need to be a good boy and play with your toys while momma showers
Jack: Let's play toys! Come on, this way! Come play toys!
Me: No, you play toys, momma is going to take a shower
Jack: (trying to pull me out of the bathroom and into his room) Take shower in my room! Come on, play toys! (finally getting me into his room) Oh my! Look at all the toys!

Jack gives one last good tug and our hands slip apart. Jack, of course, loses his balance (story of his life!) and falls, hitting his teeth on a toy. Oh yeah, and his lip got crushed between the toy and his teeth! Ugh! What a terrible mother I am, thinking I needed a shower more than I needed to play toys with my son!!! Guilt guilt guilt!!!
By the time we got the blood cleaned up and the tears stopped it was 12:20... 30 minutes til we had to leave in order to be at the party on time! Finally I got him distracted by his airplane toy and I managed to get into the bathroom and get the water running without him trying to get me... hopefully he'll stay distracted long enough for me to get clean! So I hop in and start taking care of business. I get the shampoo rinsed out before I realize that Jack has pulled the curtain back and is playing with the water. Water is getting everywhere! Great, what am I going to do now?! I have to finish my shower, but I can't let him keep playing with the water! *Sigh* I suppose I am going to be late to the party... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I turned off the water, stripped Jack down, and pulled him into the shower with me. He loved it! He was cracking up and walking around me in circles going in and out of the water! I couldn't believe I hadn't just done that in the first place!!!

Oh, and we were only 17 minutes late for the party, but we were still the first ones there! Jack had a great time at Karina's Carnival! He loved the bounce house, and the goldfish game (though he preferred to just watch the fishies swim around than throw the balls at them!) and most definitely enjoyed the food.


This afternoon we had another birthday party! Savannah turned 9 this week, so Jack and I headed over there to celebrate with a Wii party. I'm just amazed that she is 9 already! She is getting so grown up!

Karina, 5- She was being shy, but luckily I have a quick shutter and I caught her peeking at me!
Photobucket

Savannah with her new chair from Grandma Heather
Photobucket



The Fat Lip
Photobucket

Jack enjoying Karina's party
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. Poor jack!!! Poor mom! Glad you finally made it. Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete