Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Did I Just Start A Blog?

What in the world was I thinking? Okay, I know what I was thinking. With my mind constantly whirring at 1001 miles per hour, I really should take the time to journal some of the important, interesting, and neither-important-nor-interesting-but-nonetheless-memorable things that happen day to day. Especially since Jack Jack is so young. I don't want to forget a thing. I mean, I love reading people's blogs, I'd probably enjoy blogging myself! Added bonus: maybe having an outlet for my thoughts will slow my mind down and I will be able to get some sleep one of these nights! Ha ha, okay, maybe not, but I can dream, can't I? No? Or maybe I could dream if I could just get some sleep! If you know me, you know that I love to sleep. I just suck at it. I'll probably blog about my lack of sleeping skills in a later post. First, I should explain the title of my blog.

I did not want something generic, like The Reeves Family or Jack's Mom's Blog.
I wanted something random, but not completely meaningless. I mean, this blog is about me, my family, our life... it should reflect at least some aspect of our lives, right? So, I started thinking about what random aspect of our life I could name my blog for and I came up with Pennies In My Couch. Here's why:

I'm pretty sure that my husband's pockets have a coin repelling feature of some sort. Just sitting here I can see 2 pennies on the floor that he must have dropped yesterday at some point. I just picked up 5 coins the day before that! My mom was the first to remark on it. When Dave and I got married, gave him a jar of coins that she had collected from her couch/floor ever since we started dating... she knew they had to be from him! I recently took our coin 'collection' to Coinstar and came home $80 richer! Okay, so technically I wasn't actually richer, but still! I still find coins all around our house, in random places. So yeah, the name of my blog is Pennies In My Couch. If you have mystery coins in your couch, Dave was probably there. Yes, it's random. No, it isn't particularly interesting. But, I always smile at the thought of loose change in random places, because it reminds me of my husband. I love him dearly :)

What can you expect from my blog? Well, just what you can expect from any other blog, I suppose... the latest news about what's going on in our lives, photos of my family (or anyone who lets me take pictures of them! I need the practice and feedback!), cute videos of Jack Jack, random thoughts and late night ramblings, or anything else that occurs to me to post.

So, welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy reading it! Don't forget to click the 'subscribe' button so that you know when I post an update!


1 comment: