Thursday, February 19, 2009

Like Charles Dickens Said

Twice a day I get to rock Jack before he goes to sleep: once before his nap, and once again right before bed. I love it, and I know he does, too. He gets excited when I tell him it's naptime or bedtime, and he runs in his room ahead of me squealing and saying "Time to take a nap/go night-night!" He practically jumps into my arms the moment I sit in the rocking chair, and as soon as he gets settled, he asks me "We sing a song?" It never fails. I tell him, "Yes, we can sing a song! What song would you like to sing?" The answer varies from Mermaid (otherwise known as Part Of Your World, from The Little Mermaid) to The Bird Song (that's Feed The Birds from Mary Poppins... can you tell I like Disney?). Often, it's Fa-La-La (Deck The Halls), but more often than not, it's O Holy Night (yeah, that's O Holy Night) . Hey, as Charles Dickens wrote in A Christmas Carol, "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." That means it's never the wrong time of year for Christmas carols, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment