Friday, March 4, 2011

Aaaaaand DONE (With 2010)!

I've finally finished December... I know, I know, I'm still 2 months behind!  One of these days I will catch up!

Every year my parents and siblings and I get together with some friends to exchange Christmas gifts.  Often, we also spend New Year's Eve with them.  This year, we weren't able to get together nearer to Christmas, so we decided to have our Christmas party on New Year's Eve!  Dave was home, but he had worked the day before and would be working the day after so he stayed home, and the rest of us headed to my mom's house to party!
Jack, of course, didn't get any further than grandpa's Christmas train... he adores that thing!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Sam hung out in grandma's car
And then it was time to open gifts!  I didn't get many pictures of this, but I did get pictures of Sadie giving Sam his gift, and of his reaction after he opened it!

I think he was excited!  So excited, in fact, that he voluntarily crawled over to grandma for some cuddles!

We ate dinner, and then, since Dave was home, I put Sam's jammies on and took him home to put him to bed before heading back to my mom's to play games!  While the rest of us played games, Jack and Sadie watched Despicable Me on the iPad

We played probably 10 different games.  Luke was surprisingly into game time, too.  Or perhaps it was just the push-the-button-and-cards-go-flying aspect of Uno Attack that he liked...?

Once he was done watching the movie with Sadie, I got Jack's jammies on him and got him all ready for bed... just in time for fake midnight!  One great thing about living on the West Coast is that we do the New Year's countdown along with the East Coast... at 9pm!  We've done this for years (since Savannah, the oldest, was little) and it's great... we can share the thrill of ringing in the new year with the kids without dealing with the super late bedtime and tired grouchies that come with that the next day!  

After our early New Year's, I put Jack to put upstairs in my mom's bed (he was going to spend the night) and rejoined the adults downstairs, where we played games until real midnight!  We had such a fun time... I love game night and we hadn't had one for so long!  What a great way to ring in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I agree! It is a great way to ring in the new year!
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete