Sunday, November 14, 2010

Paint and Lemonade

One of Jack's favorite things to do this summer was to paint on his easel.  I can't count how many times he asked me if he could paint!  Really, though, I know that it wasn't so much about actually painting that it was about getting to paint with blue, his favorite color.  He really only uses the blue, and uses the other colors as an occasional accent.  Once I actually kept track of which colors he used, and it went like this: blue, blue, blue, yellow (cause that's mommy's favorite color), blue blue, purple (cause grandma likes purple), blue blue blue blue, red, blue, orange, blue blue blue blue, green (because it was the only one he hadn't used yet), blue blue blue.  He certainly loves blue!
 Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Jack always wants me to paint on the other side of the easel while he paints on his side, so I needed to have two cups of water for brush cleaning.  One day while we were painting, Jack looked at my cup and seeing that my water had turned mostly yellow, he started playing with it, stirring it with his paint brush and then putting his mouth on the end of the brush.  When I asked him what he was doing, he held it up to me and said "Mom, I'm making lemonade!  Here, do you want some?  It's veeeeeery yummy!"  I died.  He cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment