Monday, August 24, 2009

Beach Bums

About a month ago, Jack Jack and I picked up grandma and headed to the beach to meet up with Ang and Austin for a playdate! Austin would be 10 months in 4 days, and we hadn't yet taken his 9 month photos, so we quickly squeezed in some shots...

like this...


and this...


and this.


Then, we got down and dirty and played in the sand!




Jack had so much fun building and breaking sand castles, and Austin was very occupied by trying to grab the toys without getting sand on his hands. He wasn't very fond of the sand. Aunt Ang found a sand crab, and Jack thought it was so cool! He even got to hold it for a second- before it crawled off his hand and fell and buried himself back in the sand.


And then we played in the water. It was crazy! The tide was much stronger than usual, and it was all I could do to keep my hands on Jack Jack! He had absolutely no fear, but I was terrified that he was going to get washed away! I've lived here all my life and I don't think I've ever seen the tide that strong! I almost lost my footing many times, and Jack Jack is not the most coordinated child even on dry, flat, firm ground so I did not even want to think of what would happen if I let him go to see how he'd do on his own. So, Jack played in the water, and I practically broke my pregnant back trying to keep him safe while still allowing him to have fun!





Austin wasn't sure what to make of the water. I'm pretty sure he liked it even less than he liked the sand!


Jack Jack just might turn out to be a little beach bum!


No comments:

Post a Comment