Tuesday, October 11, 2011

2011 Summer Vacation, Part Two

If you read Part One of the story, then you probably wouldn't be surprised to hear that every day there was something that went wrong on our vacation.  Nothing else that happened was anywhere near as difficult or disappointing as what happened that first day, and I probably would have forgotten all about them if it hadn't been for them occurring directly in the shadow of the disasters of day one.

The first part of the day didn't feel that much like a disaster since we were unsure of how our day would unfold to start with.  Dave's plan was either to drop the rest of us off on the lake with the boat while he took the trailer in (sans boat) to be fixed- from there he would either meet us at the lake and we would pay to keep the boat on the lake overnight- or if it didn't take that long for the trailer to be fixed then we'd just drop him off again when we were done playing and have him go pick up the trailer and meet us at the boat launch.  However, when he called me to check in from the trailer place (where he went second thing in the morning- first was the gym) and said that it would only be a couple hours, I told him to just get it fixed and we could wait to hit the lake until lunchtime.  So, mom and I packed lunches and got the boys ready to go and as soon as Dave and my dad got back from getting the trailer and the light connections fixed we hit the road and finally got the boat on the lake!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We managed to get the boat off the trailer and into the water with no incidents.  We were a little worried because that particular ramp had only recently been reopened due to shallow water and we had been warned to keep a sharp eye out... plus we had to put the trailer in at a very odd angle in order to get the boat deep enough.  Still, it worked and we were thrilled and as soon as we pulled out of the cove I realized that I left my camera in the truck!!!  I was soooo disappointed but there was no way that I was going to make Dave turn the boat around so I had to do without it.  Luckily my mom had her camera!!!  
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Since we got such a late start we didn't get to do any wakeboarding or tubing that day.  It was incredibly windy and choppy and we were very hungry, so after we satisfied Jack and Dave's need for speed (that kid is so his father's son!) we found a cove that was moderately protected from the wind and waves and beached the boat to feed the kids, swim and play on the beach.  It was really fun!!!
 Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Of course... since I didn't have my camera I have no idea what else happened that day except for this...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 

I really have to get better at remembering stuff ;) 

To be continued, of course...


No comments:

Post a Comment