Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shaver Lake Vacation, Part 2: Tubing

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We were so excited to get back down to the lake on the second day!  So excited, in fact, that as soon as we got down to the beach we blew up the inner tube, grabbed my cousins Danielle and Emmaleigh, and took the boat out right away!  Jack didn't need any persuading to get into the tube... he would have hopped right in if we had let him!  I wanted to show him exactly what he would be doing when he was being pulled, so we had Emmaleigh go first.  When she was done, he said "Yes, mom!  I really want to do that and go really fast!"  So, I climbed in the tube and Danielle and my dad helped Jack get in with me...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I was so glad that I went on the tube with Jack Jack because being able to hear him and sense how he felt about it really helped me be brave for him... I was really nervous to let my little man be pulled in the tube, but apparently he wasn't nervous at all!  He kept yelling to go faster, and was laughing so hard!  Each time we got splashed he'd squeal and yell "I just got all wet!!!!" and keep laughing!  He was so brave, and I was so proud of him!  I was not a brave kid at all, so I was definitely puffed up with pride that he was!  I guess that's just further evidence that he is his daddy's son!  After a very short while (I just can't hang on as long as I used to!), I got out of the tube and let my mom get in with Jack.  They had a very fun (and long!) ride, and I was cracking up watching Jack crack up as he was being towed!

Check out the look on his face!  And he even got a little bit of air!  (No, he's not on the tube all by himself in that last picture, but it does look like it!)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

After Jack and grandma were done, we made Jack get out of the tube so that Dave could go in!  Dave had never been tubing before, and Jack and I had a lot of fun watching daddy back there!  He got a great ride, too!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

After Mr. Toad's Dave's Wild Ride was over it was about time for lunch and Sam needed to eat.  Before we headed in, though, we put Jack and my dad in the tube so that we didn't waste any time or gas!  Jack had so much fun going fast, but I think he may have had even more fun going slowly!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And speaking of little mister Sammy Wammy... he did great while we were all playing around!  Danielle held him most of the time, and he just chilled and/or slept.  I was so proud of him and I was so relieved that he was going with the flow so well!  And Danielle did a great job with him, too!  She's expecting a little girl in December and I know she's going to be a great mom!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Even though Sam did great on the boat, he sure was relieved when it was time to go to shore!



No comments:

Post a Comment