Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bye Bye, Diapers!

Ever since Sam was 14 months old he would tell me when he had to poop, so for a while I had been convinced that he was going to be a super-easy potty-trainer.  However, he was also the most stubborn little kid ever (I have no idea where he gets that from *cough*), so part of me was worried that he would prove to be difficult to train!  Jack didn't take long at all, so I figured there was no way I'd get lucky twice and prepared myself for battle.  I was wrong... my initial instinct was right on!  Sam proved to be the easiest potty-trainer ever!  Last summer I realized that he had been staying dry at night and during naptime for a couple months, so I started talking to him about using the toilet and wearing big boy underwear... after a few days of that I told him that he was going to try to go potty on the potty chair, and he said "Okay, mom!"  And that was it!  He had one very small accident that first day, but he was able to stop himself and finish on the toilet!  I was so proud of him.  Two days later we ended up going to Universal Studios and he still stayed dry all day, even pooping on the giant public toilet!  I was so proud of him, and I expected him to be so proud of himself... but he pretty much had the attitude of "What, isn't this what I'm supposed to do, mom?"  It took him a little while before he realized what a big deal it was... after that he was very proud of himself!

Right before I took this picture he said "I made a really big poop, mom! I'm growing up!"
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

  

No comments:

Post a Comment